The following County Links include a comprehensive directory for both Union and Snyder Counties, links and information on local public libraries and Union County TRIAD’s Project Lifesaver Tracking program.
Union & Snyder County Resources
Download the USAA, Inc. Resource Directory (*PDF File) – A comprehensive directory of Union County Resources with contact information and web site links to:
- Union County Alcohol and Drugs Services
- Union County Employment and Vocational Guidance
- Union County Financial Aid & Insurance/Medical Assistance
- Union County Food Assistance
- Union County Housing & Transportation Assistance
- Union County Mental Health Assistance
- Union County Parenting Services and Education
DIG Furniture Bank
Union County Public Library
The library’s Outreach Program delivers to any resident living in Union County nursing homes, housebound senior citizens, and the disabled:
- Large print books
- Regular print books
- Information on Services for the Blind
- Loan of Cassette Players
- Music Cassette Tapes
Union County TRIAD – Project Lifesaver
Project Lifesaver is a nationwide tracking program designed to quickly locate and rescue missing people, specifically those with cognitive impairments and developmental disabilities. Participants wear a small wristband radio-transmitter enabling law enforcement and other first responders to locate them when they become lost.
TRIAD’s goal is to provide the Project Lifesaver radio-transmitters to anyone who would benefit from its use, regardless of their financial resources.
Anyone wishing to make a donation to the program or with questions about Project Lifesaver, please contact:
Deputy Ernest Delp
Union County Sheriff’s Office
Snyder County Libraries
Libraries are located in Beavertown, McClure, Middleburg, and Selinsgrove.
Outreach Program provides:
- Rotating large-print book collections to senior centers and residential facilities throughout the county.
- Rotating book collections to area daycare centers.
*PDF Files require the FREE Adobe Reader.