The following County Links include a comprehensive directory for both Union and Snyder Counties, links and information on local public libraries and Union County TRIAD’s Project Lifesaver Tracking program.
Union & Snyder County Resources
Download the USAA, Inc. Resource Directory (*PDF File) – A comprehensive directory of Union County Resources with contact information and web site links to:
- Union County Alcohol and Drugs Services
- Union County Employment and Vocational Guidance
- Union County Financial Aid & Insurance/Medical Assistance
- Union County Food Assistance
- Union County Housing & Transportation Assistance
- Union County Mental Health Assistance
- Union County Parenting Services and Education
Union County Public Library
The library’s Outreach Program delivers to any resident living in Union County nursing homes, housebound senior citizens, and the disabled:
- Large print books
- Regular print books
- Information on Services for the Blind
- Loan of Cassette Players
- Music Cassette Tapes
Union County TRIAD – Project Lifesaver
Project Lifesaver is a nationwide tracking program designed to quickly locate and rescue missing people, specifically those with cognitive impairments and developmental disabilities. Participants wear a small wristband radio-transmitter enabling law enforcement and other first responders to locate them when they become lost.
TRIAD’s goal is to provide the Project Lifesaver radio-transmitters to anyone who would benefit from its use, regardless of their financial resources.
Anyone wishing to make a donation to the program or with questions about Project Lifesaver, please contact:
Deputy Ernest Delp
Union County Sheriff’s Office
Snyder County Libraries
Libraries are located in Beavertown, McClure, Middleburg, and Selinsgrove.
Outreach Program provides:
- Rotating large-print book collections to senior centers and residential facilities throughout the county.
- Rotating book collections to area daycare centers.
*PDF Files require the FREE Adobe Reader.