Employment Opportunities at Union-Snyder Agency on Aging, Inc.
Social Worker (Assessor)
- Lewisburg, PA
- Salary: $16.67 /hour
Conducts comprehensive assessments of consumers identified as needing long-term care services and counsels them on the program(s) most appropriate to meet their needs. Must have valid PA driver’s license and auto insurance.
One year experience in public or private social work and a Bachelor’s degree with a social welfare major or Bachelor’s Degree, which includes or is supplemented by 12 semester hours credit in sociology, social welfare, psychology, gerontology, or other related social sciences.
- Conducts comprehensive assessments and levels of care for consumers seeking community-based services or placement in long term care facility, or OBRA targeted individuals.
- Makes a determination regarding clinical eligibility and appropriate level of care for an individual.
- Conducts assessments annually, or as needed in regard to consumer’s level of care, for consumers receiving the Personal Care Home or Dom Care supplement.
- Will perform FED/LCD in a consistent manner, meeting 7 day face to face time frame and 15 day completion.
- Conducts phone contacts with consumers, families, physicians, or others in regard to consumer needs and services.
- Establishes an effective working relationship with consumers, family members, pastors, neighbors, other social service workers or attorney in order to provide a better living situation for the consumer.
- Performs in an advisory capacity to other professional staff as well as AAA staff in specialized areas.
- Makes initial contact and provides informal counseling and comprehensive review of community services to consumers as appropriate.
- Reviews and updates Outlook calendar daily for assigned community service assessments.
- Operates computer and other office equipment as necessary to carry out essential job duties.
- Travels as required to perform essential job duties, i.e. to homes, hospitals, agencies and operates remotely in the field.
- Attends meetings and/or training as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Must be able to sit for long periods throughout the workday, with intermittent periods of standing, walking, bending, twisting, reaching, and traveling as necessary to carry out essential job duties
- Dexterity requirements range from simple to coordinated movements of fingers/hands, feet/legs, and/or torso as necessary to carry out duties of job
- Occasional lifting/carrying of objects with a maximum weight of twenty pounds
Works indoors in a common workspace with adequate lighting, temperature and ventilation, as well as normal indoor exposure to dust/dirt, noise, stress, and disruptions.
Travels to other work sites as needed. At times may be exposed to dangerous situations when visiting consumers’ homes.
RATE & BENEFITS:
Rate is $16.67/hour based on a 37.5 work week. Agency offers health insurance, employee-paid supplemental vision & dental coverage, visions & dental reimbursement, retirement plan, and paid time off & holidays.
Please send all cover letters and resumes no later than September 21, 2018.