Employment Opportunities at Union-Snyder Agency on Aging, Inc.
Social Worker – Assessor
Union-Snyder Agency on Aging, Inc., the area agency on aging for Union & Snyder counties and a non-profit organization, is seeking qualified applicants to fill a full-time Assessor position located in our Lewisburg office. The responsibilities of this position include conducting comprehensive assessments of consumers identified as needing long-term care services and counseling them on the program(s) most appropriate to meet their needs.
- Conducts comprehensive assessments and levels of care for consumers seeking community-based services or placement in long term care facility, or OBRA targeted individuals.
- Makes a determination regarding clinical eligibility and appropriate level of care for an individual.
- Conducts assessments annually, or as needed in regard to consumer’s level of care, for consumers receiving the Personal Care Home or Dom Care supplement.
- Will perform FED/LCD in a consistent manner, meeting 7 day face to face time frame and 15 day completion.
- Conducts phone contacts with consumers, families, physicians, or others in regard to consumer needs and services.
- Establishes an effective working relationship with consumers, family members, pastors, neighbors, other social service workers or attorney in order to provide a better living situation for the consumer.
- Performs in an advisory capacity to other professional staff as well as AAA staff in specialized areas.
- Makes initial contact and provides informal counseling and comprehensive review of community services to consumers as appropriate.
- Reviews and updates Outlook calendar daily for assigned community service assessments.
- Operates computer and other office equipment as necessary to carry out essential job duties.
- Travels as required to perform essential job duties, i.e. to homes, hospitals, agencies and operates remotely in the field.
Qualifications and Skills:
Assessor will have one year experience in public or private social work and a Bachelor’s degree with a social welfare major or Bachelor’s Degree which includes or is supplemented by 12 semester hour’s credit in sociology, social welfare, psychology, gerontology, or other related social sciences.
Starting rate is $13.68 or commensurate with experience.
Job Type: Full-time