Employment Opportunities at Union-Snyder Agency on Aging, Inc.
JOB SUMMARY: This position serves as the primary contact for the purpose of coordinating all service and maintenance including scheduling renovation and repairs and ensuring preventative maintenance is performed related to the interior and exterior of all Agency owned or operated buildings and grounds, including plumbing, HVAC & filters, roofing, electrical & lighting, window cleaning, painting, carpet clearing, grounds keeping, pest control, trash disposal, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS: High school education or GED equivalent. Any equivalent experience and/or training which provided the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Must have a valid PA driver’s license and auto insurance. Must have the ability to travel to all Agency-owned facilities and grounds. Heavy lifting is required.
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed and are not to be considered as exclusive or all-inclusive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- Travel from site to site; inspect buildings and grounds for routine maintenance, and prioritize identified repairs and renovations.
- Oversees the maintenance and repair of HVAC systems, electrical systems, plumbing and water systems, and the interior and exterior of all Agency facilities.
- Performs general maintenance duties by completing minor repairs and routine needs, identifies problems and makes recommendations for repair.
- Creates and maintains a maintenance schedule for all Agency facilities.
- Moves and/or delivers large items to/from Agency facilities, and move office furniture, chairs, desks and filing cabinets; assembles office furniture and other items as needed; loads and unloads supplies.
- Participates on the Agency’s Safety Committee, coordinates and maintains Safety Data Sheets, and coordinates building walk-throughs and fire drills.
- Responds to staff inquiries in a courteous manner; provides information within their area of assignment and resolves complaints/requests in an efficient and timely manner.
- Communicates with other building contractors/service providers as needed so that more specialized repairs can be handled
- Coordinates and ensures regular maintenance and / or inspections of fire alarms, fire suppression equipment, lighting, elevator (at Selinsgrove Center) and filters.
- Responsible for coordinating and scheduling vehicle inspection, maintenance/repair and bi-annual detailing.
- Maintains an accurate inventory of maintenance supplies (ie: filters, light bulbs, etc) and notifies the Administrative Officer when supplies are low or needed.
- Coordinates parking lot care and use including snow removal and salting of sidewalks, as needed.
- Responsible for the inspections of carpeting, appliances and fixtures (ie: grease traps, stoves, water heaters, fridges, etc.) and identifies/troubleshoots problems when they occur.
- Maintain records and reports as assigned.
- Attends meetings and/or training as required.
- Maintains keys to Agency facilities, filing cabinets, etc. and has keys made as needed.
- Responsible for winterizing the Simon House located on the Lewisburg property.
- Assists in the preparation of the Agency’s building maintenance budget.
- Performs other duties as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of tools, methods and principles of general building maintenance, carpentry, plumbing, HVAC, painting and electrical work.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, power/ hand tools and ability to operate properly and safely.
- Ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintain them over time.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions and to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently, be flexible and able to prioritize the work schedule.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 60 pounds.
- Ability to prepare and maintain accurate records/reports.
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The majority of the time this position will required standing and walking.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee will be working both indoors and outdoors with work performed under some temperature extremes and under conditions with exposure to risk of injury and/or illness.
- May be exposed to wet or slippery conditions while clearing ice/snow from sidewalks.
- Frequent interruptions throughout the workday will occur.
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essentials job functions.
- Travel from site to site; work at heights and confined spaces; balance while performing tasks; exposure to electrical energy.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to: walk; push; pull; lift; reach with hands and arms; and grasp tools/equipment.
- The employee is occasionally required to: hear; talk; crouch or kneel; bend waist; climb; stoop; and drive.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: constant mid-vision; frequent use of depth perception; and occasional use of near, far, and peripheral vision.
- Occasional work in poor weather conditions including heat, cold, rain and snow.
RATE & BENEFITS:
Rate is $15.38/hour based on a 37.5 work week. Agency offers health insurance; employee-paid supplemental vision, dental, life, accident, and disability insurances; vision & dental reimbursement; retirement plan; and paid time off & holidays.
Send cover letters and resumes to email@example.com by June 4, 2021.