TDDP provides specialized equipment, without charge to eligible residents, who have disabilities that prevent independent access to telephone services. The program is implemented by the Pennsylvania Initiative on Assistive Technology (PIAT), a program of the Institute on Disabilities, Temple University, in conjunction with the PA Office of Vocational Rehabilitation (OVR) and the PA Utilities Commission (PUC).
To be eligible for the program, you must:
- Be a PA resident with a disability or disabilities that prevent you from making and/or receiving phone calls independently;
- Be six years of age or older;
- Have individual gross income of 200% of the federal poverty level or less (low income);
- Have a current home or mobile telephone service (or the ability to get mobile phone service); and
- Have the ability to learn how to use the requested device(s).
Please visit https://techowlpa.org/tddp/ for more information!
Contacts for information about or to complete an application for the program:
Center for Independent Living of North Central PA
24 East 3rd Street
Williamsport, PA 17701